Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A bit of a catch-up

A month or so back I went to Tetsuya's for Reed's 40th. Fucking amazing! Such beautiful food, exceptional service, and wonderful company. There were so many photos taken that evening so I've been waiting for them to appear on the interwebs (there's still no sign of them).

I won tickets to see Cassette Kids a fortnight ago, I hadn't really heard much of their music but I was really blown away by their live show. Their album has been on high rotation on iTunes ever since.



Last night was the opening of the Sydney Leather Pride Artspace Exhibition. I had entered one work in the exhibition. It is the first time I've done anything like this in over ten years. I was a bit freaked out yesterday; I decided that my artwork was shit, and that I hated it. Once I got there I ran into some friends and my nerves disappeared. There were some really beautiful pieces. A few of my friends sold their works and I was really pleased for them.

I didn't think I had any hope of winning the People's Choice prize, but Leesa (my friend and the curator) insisted I stay until the award was announced, as it would be rude to leave. I did as I was told and was completely shocked when I was awarded the Packer's Prize. I won a ticket to Inquisition and a massage. :D

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You totally deserved to win. It's a great piece, and I hope it inspires you to do more XOX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home