Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bing!


Look, it's my head!

I woke up at 4am today and went back to sleep. Then I woke up at 4:30 and was really, really awake. This was quite bizarre as I normally struggle to get my arse out of bed before 6am, and even then I'm still not awake.

After taking a shower I took the advice from one of my new favourite blogs zenhabits and wrote a list of all the things I wanted to achieve today. I sat there in the silence of the morning, with only my thoughts buzzing around my head, jotting down goals for the day, intermittently looking at my new-ish whiteboard (with bigger goals that I have to achieve on it) for inspiration.

I've chugged through most of my list and I feel like I've achieved quite a lot.

There is a post on zenhabits listing heaps of reasons for getting up early in the morning. I tried a few weeks back to reset my body clock with no luck, so I pretty much gave up. It just occurred to me now that yesterday I was reading about altering behavioural habits. I couldn't think of any behaviour that I wanted to change... but now it looks like I have.

Looks like I'll be my own guinea pig for the next month or so.

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Trevor Messersmith said...

I know I'm old when I say things like this...but...waking up early is great.

there is a lot to be said about that time before daily responsibilities kick in...

diiiig this illustration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home